Teeth whitening: how to make you smile again
Do you want to have a bright white smile? It’s everyone’s dream! At Brisa MedicSpa in Gatineau, we can offer you a professional evaluation of your teeth, as well as a stunning tooth whitening.
5 causes of yellow teeth
- There are several causes that can lead to tooth yellowing or damage over time:
- Oral hygiene habits;
- Eating habits;
Tooth whitening is therefore a simple and effective solution to whiten yellow teeth. The effects are dazzling and the treatment is fast. The procedure is aesthetic and non-medical, which promotes rapid results.
3 steps to teeth whitening
- Before the appointment, it is ideal not to consume food or drink liquid at least 1 hour before the appointment. Treatment begins with an oral retractor to ensure good visibility of the teeth.
- Then, hydrogen peroxide is applied on your teeth in synergy with an LED light towards the mouth. The lamp remains in place for a total of 20 minutes to let the product work.
- Finally, you must rinse your teeth and repeat this process a second time. As you will have understood, the treatment does not take more than 1 hour of your time, but it is essential to complete the steps twice. A before-and-after photograph will be offered to compare the amazing results of the treatment.
After teeth whitening
In order to have optimal and long-lasting results, you should avoid foods that could stain the enamel of your teeth, such as those that are acidic or rich in tannins:
- Black tea;
- Electrolyte-based drinks for sports;
- Soft drinks (dark or light);
- Berries, beets and other foods that stain;
- Sauces made with tomatoes, soy, curry or turmeric.
If you are to eat foods like these, remember to brush your teeth right away.